FusionServer Launches New-Gen Servers Running on 2nd-Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
[Beijing, China, April 4, 2019] FusionServer Intelligent Computing held a launch ceremony in Beijing themed "+Intelligence, Taking Computing to New Levels", and officially released its FusionServer Pro intelligent servers running on the second-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and the Intel® Optane™ DC-grade persistent memory.
FusionServer Pro is optimized for novel and traditional workloads, and takes the computing game up a notch in terms of computing/storage architecture, network optimization, intelligent acceleration, and intelligent management. FusionServer Pro features a number of highlights:
· Supports the 2nd-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, with an up to 40% performance boost over the previous-generation chipset platform.
· Supports the Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory. The 4-socket server supports a memory capacity up to 15 TB, greatly improving memory capacity and data reliability for in-memory computing scenarios.
· Supports all-NVMe SSDs and hybrid configuration of hard drives; supports tiered data deployment, enhancing storage density and performance.
· Provides various GE and 10GE LAN on motherboard (LOM) ports, simplifying network deployment and management.
· Supports various intelligent accelerator components, such as intelligent network interface cards (iNICs), intelligent SSDs, FPGA accelerator cards, and AI accelerator cards, delivering ultimate service experience.
· Incorporates the FusionDirector intelligent management software, greatly improving data center intelligence and management efficiency.
Built for future-facing service workloads, the FusionServer new-generation servers aim to achieve optimal efficiency and cost-effectiveness. The servers are designed to meet diversified enterprise requirements and enable industry-leading intelligent management and energy efficiency, continuously reducing O&M costs and bringing tangible benefits to customers.
FusionServer also launched two new storage servers: FusionServer 2298 V5 and 5298 V5. The new storage servers aim to provide large-room and cost-effective storage for customers such as Internet companies, enterprises, and carriers. These servers are applicable to distributed storage scenarios, big data analytics, software-defined storage, video, backup and archiving, and other storage-intensive scenarios such as warm/cold data storage.
The 2298 V5 supports up to 24 3.5'' and 4 2.5'' hard drives (up to 4 NVMe SSDs) in a 2U space, offering near 400 TB storage capacity. The 5298 V5 supports up to 72 3.5'' and 4 2.5'' hard drives (up to 4 NVMe SSDs) in a 4U space, providing over 1 PB storage capacity. The storage capacity of these two models is respectively 40% and 60% up compared with that of incumbent FusionServer storage servers. The two products feature ultra-high density, superb performance, easy maintenance, convenient management, and high expandability.